Achieving prosperity and community success without sacrificing the resources and assets of future generations.
Balancing the core values of
Referred to as the 'triple bottom line'
Recognized pathway to community success.
A Shared Vision
To achieve the shared vision of a sustainable and prosperous Muskegon area, the goals adopted by the MASC are:
Establish a guiding framework for sustainability.
- Improve coordination between public and private sectors.
- Increase involvement from key government and business leaders
- Implement a strategy to gather data, monitor progress, and ensure continued improvements.
- Promote sustainability goals and report on the success that we currently enjoy
- Identify and educate others regarding sustainability best practices
- Evaluate effectiveness of our sustainability programs and initiatives.
Ultimately, by accomplishing these and other yet to be identified objectives, the outcomes will be:
Economic success for the entire region.
Protected air and water quality.
High quality wildlife habitats and natural areas.
Increased access to recreational resources by all residents.
Reduced crime and safer neighborhoods.
Increased and sustainable employment.
Efficient transportation systems.
Affordable housing for all Muskegon area residents.
onservation of energy and non-renewable resources.
Muskegon Area Sustainability Coalition